Friday, October 17, 2008

The Hits, They Keep A'Comin'

I wish that title were the preface for another big MTT score in the online poker world, but alas, that's not the case. (Though congrats to LJ for taking down the LeTune Challenge last night!)

No, no, no, no, no -- these hits are pure comedy gold on the campaign trail.

Check out this video from a McFailin' campaign stop in Ohio (there we go with Ohio again!), where Palin supporters threw out such nuggets as:

"I’m afraid if he wins, the blacks will take over. He’s not a Christian! This is a Christian nation!"

"When you got a Negra running for president, you need a first stringer. He’s definitely a second stringer."

"Obama and his wife, I’m concerned that they could be anti-white. That he might hide that"

"Just the whole, Muslim thing, and everything, and everybody’s still kinda - a lot of people have forgotten about 9/11, but… I dunno, it’s just kinda… a little unnerving."

"I dont like the way he looks down on us white people. He thinks us white people are trash, because we're not."




Why are so many right-wingers so racist yet angry and ignorant at the same time? What, did Palin promise every voter their own noose and burning cross? Or did she simply promise a full gas can to everyone to light their own cross? Looks like the politics of fear of the far right is finally coming home to roost.

I'm damn proud to be an American. I am ashamed, however, that the ignorant racist fucks in that video get to call themselves Americans. Hell, they'd probably still own slaves if the law would allow them to. Either that, or they'd try to deport Obama to Africa because he clearly can't be American, what with a name like Barack Obama. Seriously, I bet those people would have been much happier in Nazi Germany, where the government simply killed everyone that didn't look like them, believe like them, or have a last name like them. Because if your name is Obama, and you're black, by god you must be a terrorist Muslim who hates white people, amirite?

Thanks to David Neiwert over at Crooks and Liars for clueing us in, and thanks to Prose Before Hos for hosting the transcript.

It really saddens me that so much of this footage is coming from Ohio, because one of my favorite persons in the world is from Ohio. But then, I'm convinced this could be one of many states -- it's simply a matter of the McRacist campaign having to spend more time in Ohio and Pennsylvania, because they're pretty much getting their asses kicked in a lot of other states (in fact, the Republican National Campaign Committee is pulling their Colorado ads as of next week, good game).

I have yet to see one piece of evidence of anyone at an Obama rally calling out to "kill whitey", or that the right is a "bunch of honkeys", or anything of that nature. Where's your repudiation now, good sir?

Yes, yes, yes, there are nevertheless a lot of decent hardworking fair-minded people who support John McCain for president. But to them, I have to ask, do you really want to cast your lot with people ignorant enough to come right out and say Obama's a white-hating Muslim who is related to terrorists? Funny, that schmuck didn't say whether that relation was by blood or by marriage, but I digress...

Have a great weekend at the tables. I'mma gonna go maize mazin' this weekend.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Law of averages, my friend.

Take 1,000 internet YouTube losers with cameras baiting everyone at republican rallies and that is what you get. There are loonies everywhere. If people started baiting and filming the people at democratic rallies, what do you think you'd hear? I have a pretty good idea. If you think it is not there, you are fooling yourself.

My brother lived in Australia for 25 years. He used to chide me about how Aussies watched Jerry Springer and thought all Americans were like that.

Hell, McCain just might win if the closet racists in the democratic party decide not to vote for Obama because of his ethnicity. Of course, since those folks are so intelligent, educated, and enlightened ...


The defense rests ...

But shit, while I'm at it ...

Guys of my ilk tend to put more importance on experience vs talk. Obama is, in my opinion, the least qualified major party candidate to run for president in my lifetime. He's from my state. He was an unremarkable legislator. Ahhh, but he's bright, well-educated, good looking, and a damn sexy choice for the diversity cheerleaders. Should he become president, I hope that there is some substance behind the silver tongue.

Mini rant over.