Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grumble Grumble

Man, last night's online poker was a kick in the balls. And hard.

And yet, it started out with such promise, when I went 2 for 2 in attempts to score Tier 1 tokens on Full Tilt. But from that point on, it was downhill all night. Outside of a relative min cash in a $27.50 MTT on JokerStars (something like $49.95), I flunked everything. Everyfuckingthing.

18th in the Bodonkey (after recovering from an early misplay), no dice in the $3r, zero cashes in FIVE separate $12/180s, going out between 30th-50th in each and every one, and basically tubed everywhere I went.

After being in Bodog's $10+1r for a good $40, getting kicked in the junk one table from the bubble, by a mid stack calling off 85% of their chips with KQo or KJo (I held AT and shoved from early position). That one really fucking hurt, as just breaking the bubble would have made the night almost a wash.

Shit, I even tried my first Matrix event, a measly $6.50, and after being near the lead at each table, I went out 6th overall, with a sole 2nd place finish to show for my efforts.

Whatever good run I was on at the beginning of this month is clearly long past over. My roll's a good 20% or so off it's high again, I can't get a cash over 15-20 consecutive events, and I'm not even getting the courtesy of a reacharound.

Bad times, indeed. Maybe it's time to go back to Blackhawk, or play the Tuesday cash game in Boulder, because I sure as shit can't see my way through the online tunnel these days.

I'm rethinking playing the Bodonkey series, since I can't play any of the Thursday events. That means I'd have to try to get my "top 8 scores" over the course of what is now seven or eight remaining Tuesdays. If I'm only available to even play half the events, I'm not seeing the point in trying to match the same score level that others can get who can play all 16-18 events. We'll see. I may give it one more shot, and if I don't finish in the points next Tuesday, I'll likely hang it up. There's not much point chasing a seat in a TOC with one hand tied behind my back.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments: