Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holiday Recap

Baby Mama - fun movie, predictable yet abrupt ending, but the funniest bits are all in the TV commercial anyway

Colorado Rockies - oy vey, what can I say? Never mind the 20-5....we attended the one weekend home game the Rox lost. Last year, they couldn't lose when the Good Doctor Mondo and I were at Coors Field. This year, they can't win.

Poker - took down a bar tourney pre-bands on Friday night. I know, I know, I swore off bar poker, but had a couple hours to kill, and took it down with hours to spare before the bands I wanted to see.

Online Poker - only played last night, and, except for a barely cashing of the Bodog $3k $10 rebuy (went out 18th of 18 pay spots), I truly got kicked in the junk. Lost two 50/50 satellites (no more of those for me until my FTP rolls grows), went out of a $6k when TT caught his river 2-outer against my QQ, and pretty much got abused everywhere else.

Of course, my getting kicked in the junk online can only mean one thing. That's right, it's Tuesday, which means:



Bodog is proud to host the Bodog Poker Blogger Tournament Series where poker bloggers worldwide are gathering each Tuesday in the Bodog Poker Room to earn points for a spot in the final tournament. The winner of the TOC will receive a once in a lifetime opportunity to win a $12,000 WSOP* prize package and be a part of Team Bodog 2008. Details at http://www.bodogbloggertournament.com

This tournament is open to poker bloggers from around the globe. If you are new to Bodog, please sign up at http://poker.bodoglife.com

To register, players are required to go to http://www.bodoglife.com/promotions/poker/blogger-tournament and sign in with their Bodog account information in the upper right hand corner. Once this is completed, they must then click on "REGISTER NOW" to register themselves into the tournament series. Bloggers will each have to do this once in order to play in the series. Once this is done, they then need to find the "Online Poker Blogger Tournament" in the software and register as they normally would each and every week.

For assistance with registration, call Bodog's Poker Customer Service at 1-866-909-2237 or email http://www.bodogbloggertournament.com/contact
Please include your blogger screen name, Bodog Member Account ID number and your poker blog URL address.

We're down to the last three weeks, and I don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of coming in the top 18. But I like pain, so I signed up anyway.

The Skillz game tonight is Pot Limit Hold'em. I'm undecided whether to play or not -- I'll probably give the Daily Doubles a go, instead, if only because I'm not really involved in BBT3, and enjoy the Skillz games more when they're Omatard or Razz-based.

No comments: