Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hit and Run

And no, I'm not talking about scooping a large 4-way pot and then fleeing the table. Nor am I talking about recent Britney driving escapades. Rather, today's post is very short...

Tomorrow, the 2008 World Series of Poker begins. Of course, you already know that, unless you live under a rock, or have come no closer to a poker table than FLDS grandmother has ever been.

54 events, gobs of pros and spectators, and more news than you can shake a Weekly World at.

But have no fear...there's really only one place you need to go for all the best stories, best blogging, and coolest features for the month. Once again, Dr. Pauly leads the way:



Where are you getting your news from this year?

At this point, I don't know whether the Good Doctor Mondo and I will make it over to the Rio to live rail any of the events on our trip. Docket's getting full. In fact, I'm trying to work two tourneys into the schedule, and not sure if I can work it when I consider the poker rate hours we gotta put in, too. We'll see.

Oh yeah, Ultimate Bet's finally come out with a statement on what they're going to do in the aftermath of the long running superuser scam. You can find a copy of the e-mail they sent to users here (Thanks, Falstaff!). I'll try to have some comments on it later tonight or tomorrow. That said, I'm having a hard time seeing a way for this to be anything other than a lose/lose for Ultimate Bet.

No comments: