Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Million Dollar Pro Poker Winner Steals $600"

At least that's how I imagine the headline in the NoCo papers.

Wow. I don't know whether to roll on the floor laughing, or just allow my head to asplode at the obnoxiousness of it all.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's a wonderful thread going on over at 2+2 right now, where it appears a young net scammer wannabe tried to lighten the online pokerz account of one Randy Jensen. I did not recognize the name until I looked him up, since the IM transcript in the thread indicates the guy is local. This guy right here:



Yup, that's him, Randy Jensen, the dude who once took 2nd place at a World Poker Tour Main Event (the 2005 Jack Binion World Poker Open).

Anyway, the 2+2 thread is pure gold, and Randy is coming off as pure asshat. In response to

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone JStrangle's conduct in the least. But really, in an era where the poker community is trying to gain a reputation for good living in society, we have professional players stooping to stealing $600 from college students? And offering in 2+2 to steal even more from this guy? Yup. Head asplode.

Someone should tell Randy that Paul Wasicka would never stoop to such conduct.

Someone should also hit up PokerPeaker in the girlie chat, this is good stuff, and he's pretty much in the neighborhood -- time to write a feature for the Tribune? I say grab the scoop while it's hot!

No comments: