Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Music Alert - The Jet Age

This is something I've been sitting on for a little bit, but can now share with both of my faithful readers. Maybe there's three now, I dunno, but I digress...

One of my former DC bands, The Jet Age, has now officially released their 2nd full length CD, entitled "What Did You Do During the War, Daddy?" I suppose the sound could best be described as angular, propulsive indie rock, with flavors of jangle and Weddoes and 'Oo influences. At any rate, it's really good stuff, and now, you can stream the entire album right here:



The Jet Age's previous CD, "Breathless", was well received by the folk at places such as Pitchfork, Magnet Magazine, etc. They were the most difficult band I've ever had to leave (about 2/3 through recording "Breathless", but the West called, and wifey and I answered the clarion.

At any rate, "What Did You Do During the War, Daddy?" is a wonderful album, best played loud. My own favorites are False Idols and O Calendar, but there's nary a clunker on there. Enjoy it, and if you do enjoy it, please buy it and help support the creation of original music that isn't simply some production factory's flavor of the month.

In the meantime, don't forget the Bodonkey and Skillz games!

No comments: