Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Some Long Awaited Great News

Finally!!!

It's been a pretty whirlwind last couple of days in Mondoland...as of Sunday, the fine doctors removed all of the Good Doctor's sedation, and my darling wife has been awake and alert, and can mouth words. She's still on a ventilator and cannot speak, and she will likely be in ICU for at least another week or two, but ALL signs point to an eventual and full recovery.

Wow.

The last six weeks have alternately felt like an eternity, and an instant. But we're getting there, we're getting there, we're getting there.

So I don't even mind the horrific beat I took deep in the Sunday 1/4 Million the other day. After getting past about 28500 runners, but with a short stack, I overshoved QQ over a standard raise from EP. Flopped a set of queens, and lost runner runner Broadway to the donk who called my overshove with...you guessed it, the mighty A5. That was probably one time where I could have flat called and shoved the flop, but I didn't want to have to potentially fold to an A-high flop and leave about 4 BBs, so IGH around 290th. Ugh. Thought I'd have a major poker brag post coming, but it's not to be.

2nd bad beat...thought I could work from home tomorrow, and thus spend more time at the hospital. That's not going to happen.

But no matter -- all I keep returning back to is...ALL signs point to an eventual and full recovery.

10 comments:

BWoP said...

This really is fantastic news. I am so glad to hear that things keep looking up and up. Continued good thoughts heading your way . . . :-)

Riggstad said...

Awesome news! Will keep you both in our thoughts!

Shrike said...

Truly great news. I'm thrilled.

-PL

smokkee said...

definitely good to hear, awesome news!

John G. Hartness said...

Great news! I'm happy for you both.

SirFWALGMan said...

Awesome man! Glad she is getting better.

lightning36 said...

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Great news, Mondo. Lots of prayers and good karma seem to work wonders.

Whew -- the beginning of the end, we hope ...

Jestocost said...

Fantastic news, man. Best of luck for a speedy (or at least not too lengthy) recovery!

Fuel55 said...

Been waiting a while for this one.

Easycure said...

Fantastic news!