Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Since It's Been A While....

Yes, it's been a while since I've blogged any further regarding the Good Doctor Mondo's continued recovery from her battle with pneumonia and its aftereffects. In part, this is due to a combination of a couple of factors. First, I've been updating hers and my Facebook pages daily, if not more often. And secondly, there's really very few people who read this blog, and even less who aren't already seeing the Facebook daily updates. Thirdly, I'm too lazy to blog this year generally...

BUT!

I just wanted to share the most awesome news we've had yet.

Yes, the Good Doctor Mondo is still in ICU, but she's been improving rapidly every day for the past week, to the extent that she's now spending chunks of each day virtually off the ventilator (only enough to add a small amount of pressure to her system, but she's doing the actual breathing), and writing on a whiteboard, and doing arm stretches, and such.

In fact, she's improving so much that...they're releasing her from ICU and moving her to a long term acute care hospital. The day after tomorrow. Or the day after that, at the latest.

We could not be more thrilled, she really is recovering, though she's still probably several weeks away from walking, but that will come too. She may be talking within a few days.

In some ways, I can't believe this ordeal is still going on. After all, she entered the hospital over eight weeks ago, and this is her 56th day in intensive care. But we can now truly see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's really happening. I thank each and every one of you who have send messages of well wishes and support over the past couple of months. This has been an experience I truly hope none of you have to endure.

But I'm getting my baby back, and the Good Doctor Mondo will once again be...herself.

6 comments:

BWoP said...

I'm so glad to read that things are continuing to move in a positive direction!

More and more happy thoughts heading your way.

Send my best to the Good Doctor Mondo :-)

Shrike said...

Glad to hear it (especially since I don't use Facebook). Continued good luck for the recovery.

-PL

Riggstad said...

Awesome news man!

smokkee said...

Bing Blang Blaow!

SirFWALGMan said...

good to hear on Facebook and here.

lightning36 said...

Yowsa!