Friday, February 06, 2009

He Looks Funny Without A Beard

"Just a good 'ol boy...never meaning no harm..."

Some folks tend to associate Waylon Jennings strictly for his cultural contributions to the Dukes of Hazzard, but the dude could flat out play. Next week, New Ben Franklins is going to change things up a bit in his honor.

I'm pretty sure most of my miniscule readership ain't exactly local, but so what. I think our guitarist does good flyer, so I'm gonna share them.



Right now, I'm mostly just looking forward to the Fire Drills / Bluebelle show at the hi-dive tomorrow night. If you have any inkling at all who Billy Childish is, then you'd love Bluebelle. I checked out the middle band, Pacific Pride, and think they're going to be pretty cool stuff live, as well.

I expect a poker-free weekend, unless I can wangle a few donkaments on Sunday night. Tonight, it's Slumdog Millionaire for the Good Doctor Mondo and I. She's had a long, tough week, and as much as I'd love to see some of my favorite songwriters (frontmen from Cowboy Curse, Cat-A-Tac, Breezy Porticos, and Astrophagus) playing solo sets tonight at the Meadowlark, it's really important for me to be a good hubby tonight. As supportive as she's been of the massive timesuck that is my love of live local music, she deserves much more than she gets.

No comments: