Tuesday, March 25, 2008

To Those Who Have Taken My Chips...

I say, enjoy them for now.

To the old fish who thinks limping into multiway pots with 32 offsuit is good poker, because you're on the button, I say, enjoy them for now, because they're not long for your stack.

To the aggro callfish who thinks calling a 4x BB raise out of position with A7 offsuit, I say, enjoy them for now, because they're not long for your stack.

To those of you who like to bring your little V44 and V66's to the drag strip to race, I say, enjoy them for now, because I won't go 0-for-ever in races.

For the last two weeks, I've played poker only on Monday and Tuesday, and I must say, the last two weeks have been soulcrushing and destructive, to my psyche and bankroll.

Writing a post about how Bodog was not punishing solid play was probably a bigger mistake than calling a 4-bet out of position with AKo. Because I haven't made a single final table since then, and in fact, have not even cashed once since then. In fact, you could say I hate poker today. Since my last Bodog final table, I've lost 1/4 of my overall online roll (counting all three sites). And usually in ways like those described above.

But hey, that still leaves a good three quarters for you to take, by continuing to call 2/3 pot bets on the turn with nothing but an underpair on a board with four overs and no draws, right? Come and get it, becuase I'm clearly giving it away, one $10+1 buy-in at a time.

In the meantime, come over to Chad's place, aka the Blogger Skillz Series, and chase me down with your (xx)J in Razz. I fully expect tonight's winner to have won at least three pots with a rough ten high all the way to showdown.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

I didn't play last night, but I saw that you got second place in Razz. Yeah -- it sucks to get so close to a TOC seat -- but excellent run, bro. Congrats!