Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Giddyup, Bodoggies! Show Us Yer Skillz!

Yup, it's Tuesday, and you know what that means. First up on the bloggerment slate, at 7:05pm (Dems Mountain Time Zone, bitches), is Week 5 of the Bodog Blogger Tournament Series



Only 14 weeks left (including tonight), and your intrepid Bodonkblogger is still trying to get off the points schneid. The top 30% of finishers in each qualifying tournament will earn points based on their finish. These points will be used to rank players over 4 months of qualifying. At the end of the qualifying series, the top 18 players on the Tournament Leader Board will play in the Final Tournament on Tuesday, June 10th, 2008 with the first place finisher winning a $12,000 WSOP* prize package!

Tonight's the night, I can feel it in my tummy. Either that, or it's just anticipation of Tuesday special lunchtime orange chicken from Wall Street Deli. Orange chicken does, in fact, taste like Bodonkey.

Anyway, the Tournament Leader Board is available at http://www.bodoglife.com/promotions/poker/blogger-tournament/ throughout the course of the Bodog Poker Blogger Tournament Series. It will provide the point totals for every player that has played in the qualifying tournaments. The top 30% of players in each tournament will receive points according to finish which at the end of the qualifying tournaments will ultimately determine who will move on to the Final Event. The top 18 players on the TLB at the end of the qualifiers will earn their way to the Final Event.

How To Register
To register for the Bodog Poker Blogger Tournament Series, poker bloggers must first go to http://www.bodoglife.com/promotions/poker/blogger-tournament/ and sign in with their Bodog account information in the upper right hand corner. Once this is completed, they then must click on "REGISTER NOW" to register themselves into the tournament series. Bloggers will each have to do this once in order to play in the series. Once this is done, they then need to find the "Online Poker Blogger Tournament" in the software and register as they normally would each and every week.

Also on deck tonight, at 7:30pm (Dems Mountain Time Zone, bitches) is another installment of Chad's excellent fun Blogger Skillz Series. Why is it excellent? Because it's not recockulous NHLE. We get pounded enough in that game, let's drop some buyins at something else! Tonight's version is Limit Stud Hi, which for me is a bitch of a game, but I don't care. Either way, count me in. Come get my bounty, because Stud Hi is my worst. possible. game. Double stacks and knockout bounties, Happy Happy Joy Joy!



Last night, the bar game was...um...NOT easy. Got called down in the river by a dude who rivered bottom two pair...managed to triple up with AA, two hands later, KK gets cracked, and I 4 bet the LAGiest player at the table (known to bluff with 53o) with AJs...and he's got AKo. But at least I got to fire up some online tournies and run AK into limpcalled AA twice for all my chips.

I did manage to take 16th in a Bodog $3k Guarantee for 5x the buy-in. I heart Bodog's tournies, even if their $20 buy-in $10k guarantee is kicking my butt lately. I was table shortie, and with payouts not going up until 9th, I decided to open shove UTG with KJo (with an M of 3), and it was AQ, I believe, that did the deed. I'm interested in hearing whether or not, even with an M that low, I can wait one more hand or two before shoving something as vulnerable at KJo in early position.

Checking the PokerDB, it turns out I've cashed in a full 1/4 of my Bodog tournaments, final tabling 10% of them. These numbers are far better than what I'm getting at at FullTilt or Stars. What I can't figure out is whether that's a result of the larger fields at Stars, or worse play at Bodog (which I don't get, because I've seen plenty of horrible play everywhere else), or just low sample size variance.

Something to think about while trying to watch election returns and stacking chips at the same time.

Anyway, I hope to see a bunch of you tonight on the digital felt. I'll even crank open my girlie chat for the first time in months if anyone wants to hit me up - I signed up for Trillian, but I think my user name is still Mondogarage...

No comments: