Friday, December 22, 2006

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

though not nearly as frightful as the beats. I swore this wasn't going to be a blog about bad beats, so that's all I'm gonna say about that. But reloading my FTP account sucks ass, that's all. Okay, except for one...just ask me this. How do you call a 2nd re-raise on the flop, and an re-reraise on the turn putting you all in, with three diamonds and a pair on the board, with nothing more than an over PP? Like I said, enough of that.

Anyway, I'm looking out over 35" of freshly fallen snow, and wondering why the hell I didn't play more MTTs while being snowed in for two days. Oh yeah, the shoveling and back pain afterwards. Heh. Anyway, there's one more forced day off work coming. After shoveling all day yesterday, everything's clear...except the fucking street. Not one plow has even sniffed the road in front of my house yet. I think all the plow drivers are too busy trying to download "Casual Sex" off of FTP somewhere.

Maybe today is a day to play. Sitting on one token, can try to win a few others. But there's nothing really as beautiful as seeing two to three feet of the fluffy white stuff out your window, under a completely cloudless blue sky. Today may be spent hiking instead. If we'd have celebrated Xmas early, I might have had snowshoes.

Anyway, have a great day, and if you can't roll around in the snow, please roll some chips around the felt. Rock on. Now playing: Mission of Burma - "Spider's Web"

No comments: