Monday, March 23, 2009

How to Miss A Week of Poker

...and not care more than one or two whits about it? Here's how:



Okay, his name isn't "how", it's Yorvie. So here's Yorvie.

The Good Doctor Mondo and I adopted him from a local shelter this past Tuesday, and he's been pretty much 95% angel with a welcome 5% devil thrown in. Quite bright, too. However, I haven't yet managed to teach him how to sling chips like the dogs in classic velvet paintings. Now has he figured out the difference in outs between an OESD with two overs, versus a naked nut flush draw. But he's only two, so there's plenty of time.

I have to admit, I'm now itching to play some. It's going to be tough making time for 4-5 hour (or more) MTTs with this little fella, but I'd like to think I can start getting back to some turbo 180s. We'll see.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Hoyazo: "as an avid sports fan ..."

Mondo: "The Big 12 had six teams in the first round, not five."

"...maybe you should note that Gonzaga is not in the Mountain West Conference, but rather in the West Coast Conference ..."

Surely I am not the only one who chuckled at this.