Thursday, December 30, 2010

Checking Out

And here is how my final online experiences ended:



(all in on the flop)



(all in on the turn)




(all in preflop)

Cashed out 95% of my roll a few weeks ago, and just played the rest. My last three $24+2 took my account to zero (Stars and Bodog already zeroed out). No regrets. No deposits since 2007, and I withdrew in the very very low four figures. My time is worth more per hour than what I ever got out of online poker, and frankly, when 80% hands play as 40% hands in reality, and a coinflip means you're actually a 6:1 dog, I just don't see the point.

It's simply not fun getting it in repeatedly ahead and loving almost every time, while having to read about the more successful exploits of others, who all to often seem to simply benefit more from living on the anointed side of variance.

So I leave it to the rest of you, I've got better things to do in 2011 and beyond. I'll leave the blog up for a bit, but I doubt I'll be writing here any further.

Take care.

4 comments:

lightning36 said...

I had a feeling this was coming. I had thought of it myself but I do not think I am ready to do it at this point.

You have weathered a great storm in your personal life, my friend. My sincere best wishes for you and yours.

If my White Sox and your Rockies meet in the post season we will have one heck of time!

SirFWALGMan said...

gl man

Mondogarage said...

Last year had a lot to do with it, John. Things changed, and I'm just no longer interested in chasing inevitable frustration.

The Good Doctor Mondo and I are on a different journey than the one we were on when she got sick, and internet poker is more often a source of negativity for me than not.

Oh, I still love poker, and can't wait to get back to Vega$, and maybe I'll play in a local cash game I know of now, once in a blue moon.

And yeah, it's a date if we're in the WS. I keep saying it's going to be the Rox and either you guys or the Twins one of these years. Make it happen!

Unknown said...

Good luck to you and the good doctor on a continued and full recovery.

If the Rockies play in Minnesota, I strongly suggest coming to a game. Target Field is baseball heaven and I'll have a beer waiting for ya.