Saturday, March 13, 2010

All Quiet (Mostly) on the Poker Front

Played a lengthy tourney session last Sunday, probably around 22 events in all. Meh. Lived up to the nickname my wife gave me "Almost". Five cashes, most of them of the true mincash variety. Bubbled one final table. Did manage to pull out a 2nd place finish in one tourney, though sadly (for my bankroll), it was only a $2.20 PLHE/PLO event with about 220 runners, so even winning it wouldn't have added a hundo to the roll. I think I managed to just about break even on the day.

Heads up in the PLHE/PLO was interesting, though. We came into heads up roughly even in chips, and went back and forth, back and forth, such that heads up was easily more than 100 hands.

Thought I was going to take a massive chiplead when I turned an 8-high straight flush in spades, during PLO level 26 or whatever it was. Unfortunately, I lost him on the river. At any rate, at one point I swung from down 4:1 in chips, to up 4:1 in chips, to back down 4:1 in chips...and eventually out. It was a very enjoyable experience, though, to be in a heads-up battle lasting that long. Both of us definitely had to change up our styles during it, to keep either of us from becoming overly predictable in our levels of aggression.

Anyway, not much else to report. I doubt you'll see me in any Mini FTOPS, as my Full Tilt roll's a bit low to take that on. Maybe I'll put in another session some time this weekend, but with the Good Doctor Mondo having scheduled a dinner out with friends, and several friends coming over, it may just not be in the cards. Heh. A pun.

Enjoyed reading the Mastodon weekend reports. Live bloggerments are f u n.

Good luck on the felt, ya'll.

No comments: