Friday, May 15, 2009

Bless Me Donkeys, For I Have Sinned

It has been over 500 hours since my last poker-related post.

I've actually been playing a bit more poker lately, but between being really really busy at work, and not having any real poker accomplishments to speak of, ye olde blog's been lagging behind.

I did manage to chop 1st place in a PL Badugi tournament. Ummm, yeah. At $2.20 a buy-in, the 1st place chop was worth about $35, but still, I'm finding PL Badugi to be fun. I've played that event twice since, and aggro'd my way out.

In the past, I've been a pretty tight but standard player, and I must say I've been working really hard at opening up my game. Widening my range in late position, three-betting more often, all that jazz. So far, it hasn't altered my results, and to a small extent I suspect it has made me more trappable. But not really, because I'm not finding myself in situations where I'm three-betting light and then folding to a 4-bet shove, or anything like that. But it has made my game more swongy.

I did catch one break last night when I cracked AA with TT with my very own one outer. I'd made a standard raise from EP, and cutoff (or button, I forget) with a good stack 3-bet. I was relatively short and shoved, duh. Someone else folded case T so I was terribly lucky.

Of course, I was equally unlucky on my Bodog nemesis site when I shoved 4-bet KK into AA, and the K on the flop didn't help one bit, given the A that showed in the door. Even when I bubbled the final table of a Bodog $30+3 $3k the other week, that beat was pretty bad...fortunately, the Bodogbeast at least let me recover my buy-in.

For the most part, I'm still only playing poker online on Thursday nights, so the bloggerments just don't fit my schedule these days. I'm not sweating it, but much as I've never managed to play an FTOPS event, I tend to miss all the good stuff, so my poker horizons could use some broadening. I find myself playing the same events every time I sit down to play, and none of them are really intriguing to me at the moment. I'm not rolled to play stuff like the 50/50, and the $10+1 on Bodog and the $11+1 on Stars...well, I'm just not feelin' it. But given the time I get home, they're the best events available to me.

The other aspects of my life are much more.......more. But a subject for another post, I suppose.

To cleanse your sins, you are to recite four Hail Mary Bad Beats and suffer three one-outers.

3 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

How is shoving KK into AA and actually losing unlucky. It is supposed to happen that way!

lightning36 said...

Geez -- all this quasi poker and confession stuff is making me thirsty for some sacrificial wine.

Mondogarage said...

The unlucky part is that, given the low probably of hitting the K, and actually HITTING THE K, I'm even further behind after the flop than I was before the cooler played out.

It was more of a sacrificial whine.

/rimshot

I'll be here all week, try the veal!